Swamp Pop Fizzy Coconut Shrimp
Swamp Pop’s Fizzy Coconut Shrimp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Satsuma Fizz
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients.
- In another shallow bowl, combine coconut and panko.
- Dip shrimp in batter to coat.
- Dip in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat oil to 350°.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.